Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Breakfast at Conveniece Store vs Hotel 2007/8/19 03:18
Rather than shelling out about 500-1000yen on a western style breakfast at the hotels I'll be staying in during my trip to Japan I was hoping to snake on some cheap and yummy treats from am/pm, Lawson's or other convenience stores. I know I'll be able to get 100yen onigiri there, but what else is available for breakfast?

Would I be able to get curry/melon pan, dorayaki, taiyaki and other breads? What about hot things - are microwave meals and fried or oden skewers available in the morning?

Please help!
by Yuki  

... 2007/8/21 11:30
You can get a wide variation of bread. Also, heatable or heated foods, such as snacks and bento should be available. Oden probably not during the summer months.
by Uji rate this post as useful

conbini breakfast 2007/8/21 12:35
If there is a "Mini Stop" convenience store in the area, this particular chain always has a seating area so you can eat there as well.
by Sira rate this post as useful

hours 2007/8/21 15:52
Keep in mind that a lot of the breadfast products will be sold out before rush hour which starts around 7:00am in the suburbs. But few types of onigiri and bread are always in stock.
by Uco rate this post as useful

fruit 2007/8/21 18:13
and don't forget you can get fruit in jelly etc as well
by mildred rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/8/22 02:42
Thanks for the tips, I didn't consider the rush hour effect!

Can I still find canned Oden in the summer? I'm quite keen to try oden (esp. hanpen and other surimi products) even though it's mostly a winter food.
by Yuki rate this post as useful

reply to this thread