Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trains between Takayama and Kanazawa 2007/8/20 06:22
I would like to visit Takayama and Kanazawa. So I have been using Hyperadia to find out how to travel between them. According to Hyperadia there are only a few departures a day and they involve three transfers (Takayama-Tsunogawa-Inotami-Toyama-Kanazawa) and take about 3.5/4 hours. It seems that you can only travel to Toyama bij three slow trains. Aren't there any fast trains?
Isn't there a more convenient way to travel to Kanazawa (preferable on JR pass)?
by Dutchess  

... 2007/8/21 19:57
The situation is explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5908.html?aFROM=2167_5900

One of the three trains is a substitute bus.

The whole section between Takayama and Toyama is scheduled to be reopened on September 8. Then you will have to transfer only once at Toyama.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks!!! 2007/8/21 21:33
That is great! So when I travel to Kanazawa from Takayama in November I should be able to do it in 2.5 hrs. That is way more convenient!
Can I really rely on the tracks being fixed on september 8, or do they sometimes run behind scedule with these things?
by Dutchess rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/21 23:34
Once a specific date is set, it is rare for delays to occur in Japan. But I don't have the September timetable yet, and cannot confirm that the limited express trains between Takayama and Toyama will start running from the first day of re-opening.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/22 00:12
Well I just have to wait and see then!
Thanks for your help.
by Dutchess rate this post as useful

reply to this thread