Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

25 yr old moving to japan. Any tips? 2007/8/24 14:35
Okay, I'm 25 yrs old, currently going to college online and in the army. I want to move to Japan within the next year but i want to know if it would be really hard for me to find a decent job with no degree. I'm currently working in the Army but I don't think that will count for anything there so if anybody got any idea about what I should do it should help.

Thanks for your time,
Joseph A. Lewis
by Joseph Lewis  

... 2007/8/25 10:56
It will be very hard to get a visa without a degree. If you have extensive professional skills in a field that Japan currently has a demand for, you might have a chance. Depending on the job field, you require 3-10 years of professional experience to qualify for a visa.

More details:
http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

army 2007/8/25 13:20
Why don't you try to get stationed in Japan with the Army? There are a few Army bases here in Japan. Camp Zama is one.
by Nana rate this post as useful

Leaving the Army 2007/8/25 13:33
I plan on leaving the army as soon as my tour is finished. Army life is good and everything but its not for me. Anyway, is there a way to get a visa to work at like, a resterant for a while without having to wait and get a degree? I just need a simple job so I don't have to live off of my savings the whole time I'm there.
by Joseph A. Lewis rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/25 13:54
Short answer: No.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread