Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Autumn leaves in Tohoku area 2007/8/25 01:02
Hi, we are going to visit Japan in end Nov to early Dec this year. We intend to visit Tohoku area. May I know if we can still get to see autumn leaves during this period. I was told that it's too late for Autumn leaves, is it true?
Thanks & regards,
Margaret
by Margaret  

... 2007/8/25 11:52
It is too late for the Tohoku region. Only if it is an extraordinarily late year, you might still find some autumn colors in low elevations of southern Tohoku. But basically, I am afraid it is too late.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Autumn leaves in Tohoku area 2007/8/25 16:57
Hi Uji, thanks for your your prompt reply. Would like to ask 2 more questions.

1) If not in Tohoku area, can you kindly suggest where in Japan can we visit to view Autumn colours during that period (last week of Nov & first week of Dec)?

2) If it's not for Autumn leaves, where will be interesting to visit during that time? Thanks once again.

Regards,
Margaret
by Margaret rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/25 18:03
If not in Tohoku area, can you kindly suggest where in Japan can we visit to view Autumn colours during that period (last week of Nov & first week of Dec)?

Kyoto and Tokyo (incl. Kamakura) are nice during this time of the year. It is the busiest time of the year in Kyoto, so you better make hotel reservations now.

If it's not for Autumn leaves, where will be interesting to visit during that time?

Anywhere would be good, according to your interests. Although, unless you like winter sports, it is not the best time to visit Hokkaido:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623a.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread