Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best time of year to visit? 2007/8/25 09:11
When is the best season of the year to visit Japan? If you would compare the climate of Tokyo to an American city, which would it be?
by Ben  

. 2007/8/25 12:42
by John rate this post as useful

November 2007/8/25 21:58
For me, november is the best time of the year to go to Japan, temperature between 25C in the south to about 20 around Tokyo, not so much rain and not that humid. Also the 'red leaves' makes november a very good time
by Johny rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/25 22:02
I also like early to mid May just after the end of the Golden Week: no crowds, lush vegetation and comfortable weather.
by Uji rate this post as useful

agree 2007/8/26 00:31
I fully agree with Uji; mid May is a great time to travel. Moderate temps (at least in the middle of the country), Azalea and wisteria still in bloom in many places, crowds not too bad (although you'll run into school groups) and not much humidity. As far as comparing Tokyo with an American city weather wise? Overall I suppose some place like Myrtle Beach, SC or Charlotte NC? What do you think Uji?
by Tay rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/26 01:57
Not everyone here is from the US, so I would say it would be hard for them to compare the weather wise, but I am and I would say the weather would be very similar to weather found in Washington, DC. Statistically they are similar at times of year.
by John rate this post as useful

oops 2007/8/26 02:07
I forgot that Uji is usually in Japan! John is right - DC is probably a good comparison.
by Tay rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/26 06:18
The best time to go is definitely cherry blossom season. It's incredibly beautiful!
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

Seasons 2007/8/26 07:58
I am also a fan of autumn- anytime from late September to late November the weather is usually quite pleasant and settled.

The cherry blossom season is nice but I find spring here cold and windy, so it's not my favourite time.

Winter can be okay for sightseeing since it is usually fine and clear and you can warm up by going into cafes and shops.

Summer this year at least is just an inferno, I couldn't imagine sightseeing in the heat we have been having. August is definitely not the time to visit most of Japan, although it's probably a good time to be in Hokkaido most years.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Spring 2007/8/26 12:25
Yes, I agree with Tokyonet. Cool, spring weather is a great time for sightseeing. The cherry blossoms and azaleas are gorgeous!
by YoHiDevil84 rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/8/27 19:10
I think I definitly want to visit during the cherry blossom season, although I'll give the fall a look into as well. Thanks for the ideas!
by Ben rate this post as useful

reply to this thread