Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What happened to Ishiya (Shiroi Koibito) 2007/8/25 22:38
I'm going to visit Ishiya factory (Shiroi Koibito cookies). When I searched the web, I found that their operation was suspended because they falsified the expiry date of the cookies? I went to there website and I can see some announcement in Japanese but I cannot read it. Anyone can help translate? I want to know if they are opening again soon.

http://www.ishiya.co.jp/

Thank you
by BB  

... 2007/8/26 10:41
The notices are for apologies and notices of recall of their products - requesting consumers who might have purchased their products to send them back to the manufacturer. This is because of the falsification of the expiry dates (they extended the expiry date of unsold products and re-packaged them for sale), and some serious Food Hygine Law violation at their factory.

The company decided initially to close their factory AND the Shiroi Koibito Park for four days from 16th to 19th of August (for falsifying the expiry date), but then with the Food Hygiene violations which later surfaced, they extended the period and were ordered to dispose of some of their ice cream products. No planned date for re-opening their factory yet. I hope the company gets back on their feet again soon.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thank you 2007/8/26 18:12
AK, Thank you for your answer. I am really sorry this happened. I really want to try some of their products!
by BB rate this post as useful

reply to this thread