Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Post Office ATMs Closing 2007/8/26 15:44
Finding a Post Office in order to use the ATMs was very easy, but now that they are removing the ATMs, how difficult will be to find a ATM that accepts Visa cards?
by Macrend  

... 2007/8/27 08:52
I was unaware that the post offices will be removing their atms. Does anybody have any information on this?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/27 08:53
Where did you find information that post offices are moving their ATMs? What post office did you use? I find this information highly doubtful, considering Japan Post is essentially the largest postal savings system in the world! Removing ATMs sounds highly unlikely. Maybe they were just reparing the one you were at.
by John rate this post as useful

Atms? 2007/8/27 09:42
Hi
I read in a on line newspaper on net a couple of days ago the atms would shut for 24 hours so the main office would know how much money is in the system before the post offices go private.
Not sure of date but maybe end of month or next month
sounds close?.
Kiwi
by Kiwi rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/27 09:52
From what I read some are going off line for a day in preparation of the privatization of the network. Certainly not removing atms from the post office, which again wouldn't make any sense at all.
by John rate this post as useful

ATMs 2007/8/27 14:41
from japan-guide.com:

The big exceptions are the ATMs found at the over 20,000 post offices and over 10,000 7-Eleven convenience stores across the country. These ATMs allow you to withdraw cash by credit and debit cards issued outside of Japan, including Visa, Plus, Mastercard, Maestro, Cirrus, American Express and JCB cards and provide an English user menu.
by Froggie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread