Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using JR East pass in Matsumoto 2007/8/26 16:33
I will be using a JR east pass to go to Matsumoto. The online timetables are saying that I can catch a JR特急ワイドビューしなの12号 from Nagano to Matsumoto, which per my understanding is a wideview train. According to JR site, "In such cases, passengers must pay fares and charges applicable to the distances traveled on respective railway company. The following are names of JR EAST trains that enter the lines of other railway companies: ... Wide-view Shinano..."
Could you please advise whether I need to pay extra to catch this particular train and if so, how much?
by moomoocow  

... 2007/8/27 09:01
The Shinano limited express is between Matsumoto and Nagano is completely covered by the JR East Pass.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

JR East Pass 2007/8/27 09:36
Moomoocow,

My understanding is that the Wide View Shinano runs for the most part in the JR Central area, so the JR East Pass will only be valid for the short section from Matsumoto to Shiojiri. If you enter Shiojiri to Nagoya in a site such as Hyperdia, it should tell you how much you will have to pay. Depending on the answer, you may want to consider getting a full Japan Rail Pass instead.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/8/27 10:07
Thanks for your help.

I won't be heading to Nagoya. furthest I'll be is Matsumoto, I'm happy that it's all covered by JR East pass.

by moomoocow rate this post as useful

reply to this thread