Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train Driving 2007/8/27 17:54
Im a 28yr old female working as a South African train Driver for the past 8yrs.I was promoted to be a Section Manager and presently training new driver.I have interest in coming to Japan and drive your Trains.I would love to know the procedure on how to go about that.If there are agencies that could that I can contact.
by Innocentia Selinah Letseleba  

Train driving 2007/8/28 10:29
Innocentia,

You could try contacting the railway operators (e.g. JR East) directly, but I think the chances of even being let inside the cab of a service train are zero. The Japanese train operators are extremely strict about safety issues, so you can't just chat to a driver and get shown around like is possible in some countries. If you want to get anywhere, you will need to contact the companies directly.
Otherwise, you will probably have to content yourself to standing behind the driver's cab and enjoying the view out through the front window.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread