Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Booking Accomodations on arrival 2007/8/28 10:36
is it alright to do so (but not in major cities like tokyo and kyoto)? Like booking via the tourist office on arrival?
by nexa  

... 2007/8/28 12:47
Major cities have plenty of accomodations and you may not have a difficulty to find one on the day of arrival. However, things are different in local cities. Moreover, there may not be any tourist offices at the station.
by J Lady rate this post as useful

booking accommodations on arrival 2007/8/28 14:38
I have booked accommodations on arrival one or two times, when I was travelling mid-week during quiet times of the year.
I never failed to find accommodation, though I have ended up at ryokans too late to have dinner a couple of times.

With the exception of the tourist information office in Takayama, I have not found good English speakers at these offices, so that's something to be aware of.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

booking accomodations 2007/8/28 15:14
I usualy book at the last minute or, more to the point, put my suitcases in a locker at the railway station and go have a look at several hotels in the vicinity (I check hotels info before hand on the internet) I have done this in Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe, Matsue (at 10 pm.!1) etc. BUT I ONLY TRAVEL in May and September to November..
If you are worried, ask the tourist office in a big town to book you a hotel there and In the next few (small) towns where you are going. A friend of mine got help from her small hotel in Tokyo.the owner booked hotels for her in another town (many small hotels belong to an organisation)
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread