Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Casual dating? 2007/8/28 11:11
I'de appreciate a Japanese opinion please...I've been trying to date online recently & every Japanese guy I meet only wants to be casual dating partner. My ex husband (also Japanese) never dated that way & neither did my friends.So many nights I didn't know if I was on a date or not.Minasan wa chigai (nihonjin to gaijin) demo zen zen wakaranai. If this is common then I'de like to know what J-men like about this style of dating. Arigato ne!
by Native  

sorry to ask you this. 2007/8/28 11:44
Minasan wa chigai (nihonjin to gaijin) demo zen zen wakaranai...what is the meaning of this???
by glamguy rate this post as useful

Deaikei? 2007/8/28 11:53
Native,

I'm not sure I understand your question either, but maybe the problem is not so much with Japanese men in general but with the fact that you are looking for potential partners in the wrong places?
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/28 12:18
What do you mean by ''many nights I didn't know if I was on a date or not''? Causal dating partners can mean many different things. Can we please have a bit more information?
by Miki-chan rate this post as useful

further info 2007/8/28 13:25
I live in NY, many Japanese here. I've met some guys & gone out to dinner, hand holding, & being driven home (big deal in the big apple, everybody takes the subway). Sweet emails & text messages but nothing ever happened (Like a kiss) or anything & I never know if that was a date or not. Or did they have a different idea of dating. To me that's just being friends & nothing else. My Japanese female friends don't have any idea, they don't date that way either. Thought I should try to get some more Japanese perspectives. Arigato!
by Native rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/28 22:54
It IS dating. Dating doesn't necessarily involve romantic feelings.

I am not sure how many times you went out with each man. Are you expecting a romance right from the begining? If you dated several times and started developing a feeling for him, perhaps you should tell him how you feel.
by Miki-chan (a J-girl) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread