Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Translation please... 2007/8/29 22:08
Hello,

Could someone translate the following for me please? Thanks in advance!

''I see a future for us''

&

''I don't want to lose you''

or

''I'm scared of losing you''

&

''but I have to be honest with you''

In case you're curious, I'm going out with this girl but I am not sure if it will work out. I can finish the rest, but need help on the earlier phrases. Thanks!!!!!!1
by glenn  

To glenn, 2007/8/31 11:13
I'm rephrasing things a bit; I take it that you are about to tell her something that might surprise her (but you being honest).

''I see a future for us''
Boku-tachi issho ni iru kachi ga aru to omou (I believe there is value in us staying together)

''I don't want to lose you''
Kimi wo ushinaitaku nai'n da.

''I'm scared of losing you''
Kimi wo ushinau ka to omou to kowai'n da. (I get scared to think I might lose you (by doing this).)

''but I have to be honest with you''
Demo, shoujiki ni hanasanai to ikenai. (But I must tell you honestly.)
by AK rate this post as useful

thank you 2007/9/1 17:42
Thank you ak!

I really appreciate your help. you dont know how much you just helped me now. Yes, I care about this person a lot but there are some things we both need to be honest with each other about. so i want to be the first to admit some things in hopes that this other person will as well. thank you again...
by thanks! rate this post as useful

similar situation 2007/9/2 13:07
Hi,
How do you say:

You said you wouldn't ignore me, but you haven't even greeted me

(watashi wo mushi shinai to itta kedo,.....)

thanks.
by fran rate this post as useful

answer 2007/9/2 18:19
watashiwo mushi shinaito ittetakedo, imadani aisatsu desae shiterurenaijyanaika-!!

It's casual way.
by nori rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/2 23:42
fran,

You said you wouldn't ignore me, but you haven't even greeted me

Watashi no koto wo mushi shinai to itta noni, aisatsu mo shite kurenai ne. (Though you said you would not ignore me, you don't even greet me)... the tone is reserved and quiet, but somewhat accusing.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks again! 2007/9/4 17:20
Hello AK!

I just wanted to say that everything went EXTREMELY well. Thank you again for your help in translating the above for me. You really made a difference for me.

Regards,
by Glenn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread