Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

traditional gift/charm 2007/9/2 09:19
hi , I hope someone might be able to help, my friend is hoping to get a job in japan and I wanted to give him a gift to wish him good luck or friendship.
by notsosmart  

Omamori 2007/9/2 14:07
nostosmart, wishing for someone's happiness, we often visit a shrine, pray for the god and buy a charm (omamori ‚¨Žç‚è). I'll post a page where you can see omamori design.
http://www.tsukudo.jp/omamori.html
It's made of small fabric sash, within which a piece of paper or herbs are packed. You can keep it in the bag/pocket or you can hang it to the bag strap and so on.
Most shrine has 2-3 omamori for different purposes/wishes, such as, "safe baby delivery" "traffic safety" "health" "familly happiness" and so on. For your friend, I think "dream comes true iŠJ‰^¬Akaiun joju)" is good. Note that writing on the surface of omamori varies from one shrine to another (and only in Japanese).
by JLady rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/2 14:11
Note that writings on the sash SLIGHTLY vary from one shrine to another, it is better to ask what is written. If it includes these characters (ŠJ‰^luck-inviting or dream comes true), that omamori has the same/similar purpose.
(sorry, I clicked inadvertedly)
by JLady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread