Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which Onsen is better 2007/9/5 01:45
Hi, I would like to try Onsen during my day trip to Nikko. Can anyone advise which onsen is better - YASHIO-NO-YU ONSEN in Nikko or lithic bath of kinugawa park in kawaji hot spring. I'll be travelling with family and children age between 7 to 12 years old. Thanks
by jenjenie  

Do you know... 2007/9/5 17:47
Are you comfortable being naked in front of your kids and vice versa?
As traditional onsens, you'll be required to be stark naked to soak in the hot springs... and that means no swimsuits allowed either.

might be something to consider.
Or you might want to head to Toshimaen niwa no yu in Nerima (north of Ikebukuro in Tokyo) They have a swimsuit section which i think your kids will probably enjoy better.
http://www.toshimaen.co.jp/niwa-yu/niwanoyu.html
by Amelia rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/5 18:03
oh no.....i thought there is towel for us to wrap around our body that i was in the website. hahaha, thanks for the highlight. =)
by jenjenie rate this post as useful

Yunessun 2007/9/5 18:10
Jenjenie,

It might be a bit out of your way, but I would recommend Yunessun in Hakone. It's a mixed swimsuit bathing onsen resort, which would be a lot more fun with kids than a traditional onsen.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

onsen 2007/9/5 18:16
Toshimaen Spa is a nice place for the family.
by tju rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/5 18:17
Thanks Dave. May I know is Yunessun near to Hakone Yumoto station? I'll be visiting Hakone too.

.... 2007/9/5 18:24
Thanks, Tju. is Toshimaen Spa in Tokyo?

Toshimaen 2007/9/6 11:05
Yes, it is in Tokyo. Take Oedo Line to Toshimaen station, and walk for about three minutes, it is next to a amusement park. Alternatively, take Seibu Ikebukuro Line from Ikebukuro.
Have a nice trip!
by tju rate this post as useful

Toshimaen 2007/9/7 14:19
It's about 20mins from Ikebukuro.
I think you kids will enjoy the hydro pool area (swimsuits on) while you can soak in the "traditional" onsen area (no swimsuits)
by amelia rate this post as useful

Toshimaen 2007/9/7 18:36
Thanks Tju and Amelia. I've gone into Toshimaen's website to take a look and yes, the children will like the pool and have fun. =0)

English link 2008/3/3 19:02
Hi, does anyone has the English link to this onsen? If not, how do I access the place. Your advise grealty appreciated. Thanks.
by Anxius rate this post as useful

reply to this thread