Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

telephone call to Misawa 2004/2/9 09:12
hello everyone! well, i have a cousin in Misawa, japan, and i have her number, but can anyone tell me how i can call her from inside japan? the number i have is to call her from the u.s., so it starts with 011, but how can i call her from within japan?
thank you for any information
by Jugalo  

domestic calls 2004/2/10 12:53
I assume you have a number that is something like
011-81-176-xx-xxxx

In any case, when calling any number in Japan, take away the top 011-81 and then add 0 on the top.

So if the number is as above, dial
0176-xx-xxxx

If you're inside the city of Misawa, you don't need the 0176 either, so dial
xx-xxxx

Hope it helps.
by Uco rate this post as useful

leave out 011 2004/2/10 13:54
...and 81 and add a 0.

When you're calling internationally, you don't dial the 0. But, calling long distance in Japan has to start with 0, so add that.

Then there's a string of digits usually 2 or 3 digits then two or three digits then four more digits.

Perhaps they've been helpful in writing the number down by grouping it like this: 011-81((0)123) 12-1234 (they might have left the 0 after the 81 out completely for you to dial from the US, but you gotta put it in there)

The 011 is to dial internationally from the US. The 81 is Japan's country code (you don't have to use either of these if you're in Japan.)

0 is like dialing a 1 in the US...it's for a long distance call. The other digits (2-3) in the parenthesis are the area code. The last two groups of digits are the prefix and phone number.

So, if you're calling long distance within Japan, you have to dial everything except 011-81.

If you're in the same town, nearby, you'll only have to dial the last two groups of digits. (Nothing from the parenthesis)

Phone numbers that start with 090 are usually cell phones. I don't know if there are any different "area codes" for cells, but this seems to be the main one. I'm having a senior moment and don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure you have to always dial 090 plus the rest if you are calling from anything to a cell phone, unless perhaps if you are using a cell phone to make the call.

Hope this helps.
by kyarinchan rate this post as useful

____ 2004/2/11 08:03
Thank you, guys, wow...this site is the best!
by jugalo rate this post as useful

call to misawa 2008/4/2 19:01
how can i call to misawa from philippines
by daisy jane taytay rate this post as useful

reply to this thread