Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kimono/Yukata 2007/9/6 09:03
I wanted to know if these garments are worn by men. Do they have a different style or print on them?
by L_Leon_Fuego  

Kimono/Yukata 2007/9/7 09:48
L_Leon_Fuego,

I wanted to know if these garments are worn by men.

Yes.

Do they have a different style or print on them?

Yes.

by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

^_^ 2007/9/7 16:52
I'm no expert but I believe:

Kimono: much more formal and much more expensive. very difficult to wear so you usually have someone trained to dress you in them.

Yukata: very common and quite fashionable. A lot more affordable and very easy to wear.

I know Yukata are worn by both genders, but I have only seen Kimono worn by women so far in pictures. I don't personally know whether men wear them
by Kelly rate this post as useful

Kimonos for men 2007/9/7 18:50
of course men wear kimonos! they are usually way more sober than women's of course, with darker colours etc.
they too can be very pricey.
check the site below:
www.yamatoku.jp/classic/
listing
by Plantagenesta rate this post as useful

Kimono and Yukata 2007/9/8 03:56
Kimono is made of silk and can be very costly. It can be worn as formal clothes or daily clothes(depends on a kind of kimono) Men wear Kimono too.
They are in solid dark colors and usually they don't have any patterns on it.

Yukata is made of cotton, used as a sleepwear. It used to be that you were not supposed to wear outside the house( it's like pajama) but that has changed over the years, and people sometimes wear yukata to go watch fireworks at night. Some conservative people still don't like people walking around in Yukata in public.

Men's yukata that people wear outside the house are usually in darker colors, but tend to have more patterns than on Kimono.

by Tomie rate this post as useful

a kind of Yukata? 2007/9/13 23:43
In Tokyo I bought at Muji a kind of men's Yukata which has pants. What kind of wear is it? Has it a special name?
Thank you!
by Ferr rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/14 09:27
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread