Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What age can you live alone in japan? 2007/9/7 09:35
I have heard from a friend of mine that you can be 15 and live alone in japan. I've been studying japanese and it's rather difficult actually. I still have time before I'll be ready to move there but I just wanted to know if you can live in an apartment or something at the age of 15.
by What age?  

. 2007/9/7 10:44
If you aren't living in Japan rigth now, I don't think there's no way on earth you're going to get a visa to move and live in Japan alone at age 15.
by John rate this post as useful

well 2007/9/7 11:06
To get an apartment in Japan, you need someone who will back you up as a reliable tenant, like your job. If you were a teenager living alone, it would be your family, and what family is going to do that?

Like any other country, Japan has its share of teen runaways who sleep in media cafes or on the streets. But legally Japan is like anywhere else and it is difficult to live on your own before 18.
by Kate rate this post as useful

Living in Japan 2007/9/7 11:09
What,

I may be wrong, but I think you have to be at least 18 years old to rent an apartment in Japan. But as John says, that is the least of your concerns as a foreigner if you don't qualify for a visa that lets you live in the country.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread