Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suggestions to eat near Ueno....? 2007/9/7 15:15
Hi. We'll be getting into Ueno Station in the evening,anyone have a favourite budget eating place nearby please?
by Connie Chiwa  

eating near Ueno station 2007/9/7 18:23
as long as you don't take the exit going to the park, all the other exits will bring you to streets full of restaurants in all price ranges and a variety of types of cuisine. there are also eating places within the station itself as Ueno is a mjor railway station.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Thanks... 2007/9/7 18:33
...what would you suggest - let's say under 100y?
by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

Er..... 2007/9/7 18:35
....meant to say 1000y of course!
by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/7 20:22
1000yen is a bit too tight for dinner. 1500-2000yen would give you a decent meal though there're cheap places, such as, McDonald's or YOSHINOYA (for Gyudon=beef on rice).
by JLady rate this post as useful

Ueno station ramen 2007/9/7 20:29
Connie,

The ramen place inside the station, next to the ground-level night-train platforms is highly recommended.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/7 21:12
The bread shop inside Ueno station... awesome.

Anyway that was a bad suggestion as you would probably want to try more traditional Japanese food.

Not sure if the sushi shop is still inside the Ueno station, that is always packed and serves pretty good sushis.

I know there is a good ramen shop in the side streets of Ueno somewhere on a corner.

Not sure if I'm generalising but I remember once I went there at night time and a lot of the restaurants were closed pretty early. You might want to be mindful of that!
by Blanc rate this post as useful

2 Ueno stations 2007/9/7 23:50
I just want to remind you that UENO station which other posters mentioned is JR UENO station. If you arrive in Ueno by Keisei Skyliner from the airport, that Ueno station is different from JR Ueno station. (5 min apart)
by JLady rate this post as useful

Eating near Ueno 2007/9/7 23:52
There's this Izakaya near the escalator across the street where you come down after crossing the overpass on the front entrance. They have excellent food and also the best french fries I've ever had.
by mano79 rate this post as useful

early hours? 2007/9/8 00:24
any good food that opens at 7-8am ?
by hanter rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/8 13:12
If you like Ichiran ramen, they have an ueno branch, though its not a real social place.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread