Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Romaji phonetic nihongo in play script 2007/9/8 04:15
Hi there, looking for a translation of some phonetic lines in a play being done by a local group. They want to know what this means but my japanese is nowhere good enough to sort out what this is. It seems to me like it's missing some particles!

Anyway, this is how it was written into the script, so if anyone can figure out what this means I would love to know. I'd love to see the correct kanji/hiragana for it too!

Hito banju kimyo ikasatai
Kimito ito tsuni naritai

Thanks!
by TeamKaeru  

,,, 2007/9/8 10:05
I have a feeling that I might have seen this in another question concerning song lyrics. (I cannot quite imagine that this would be used as lines in a play, though.) If it is what I am thinking of, it should be:

Hitobanjuu kimi wo ikasetai
Kimi to hitotsu ni naritai
by AK rate this post as useful

...? 2007/9/8 10:33
Thanks that does make more sense when I see it with some particles :) Before it just looked like complete nonsense. What would the translation be to eigo?
by TeamKaeru rate this post as useful

Umm 2007/9/8 14:28
"I want to satisfy you all night long
I want to become one with you"

...Does that fit the context of the script?
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/8 23:59
I'll have to find out from the director. All I was given was the phonetics which just baffled me. I think I got stuck on the missing particles too much and was trying to find the meanings of the separate words. I figured out that it was hitobanjuu instead of hito banju pretty quick and then decided there would probably be more such things because it all just didn't make sense :) Looked like random japanese words. Thanks!

! 2007/9/9 06:27
Yep, that made perfect sense with the context according to the folks with the script! It's all good. Thanks for the help!

reply to this thread