Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Skiing in Niseko 2007/9/9 22:07
Hi

I will be visiting Japan to ski in December.
I only wanted to ski for 3 days. Is it possible to do this in 3 days? Will this allow enough time for transfers from airport to resort and back?

For example
We will be flying to Sapporo via Tokyo staying overnight at Narita hotel. If we leave for Sapporo early the next day will we arrive at the resort with enough time to ski for a full day? And can we leave on the 3rd day after a full day on the runs with enough time to return back to the airport?
I was just wondering whether this was possible or if it was more ideal to spend an extra night to cover tranfer times.
by Ellie  

... 2007/9/10 19:37
It takes about 5 hours to get from Tokyo to the Hirafu ski resort via, if you use a direct bus from New Chitose Airport, i.e. it takes about half a day.

Note that Haneda Airport has much more (and earlier) flights to Sapporo than Narita Airport.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/9/10 20:45
Thanks Uji.
I've been reading up on travelling to Sapporo and on one particular website they mentioned that it's easier to travel to Sapporo via Osaka? due to the fact that you need to transfer to domestic airport in Tokyo? Could you please advise. Many thanks
by Ellie rate this post as useful

elsewhere 2007/9/10 23:34
If you have only 3 days, you will NOT get 3 days of skiing, if you go to Niseko.

You are better off going to Niigata Prefecture. It takes 90 minutes to get to Echigo Yuzawa from Tokyo, and 50 minutes to Naeba. You can leave Tokyo around 6am and be there by 8:30am.

For example, you can also get day trips from Tokyo to Gala Yuzawa by Shinkansen, 93 minutes, and the mountain base complex is part of the station!!!! You can leave at 7am and be skiing by 9am!!!!
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread