Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

travelling in Japan and tkyo 2007/9/10 00:35
I am travelling to tokyo next week with my wife and we got the Japan Rail pass. Can we use this Pass to travel from airport to central tokyo? If is the case can we reserve before hand.
We also like to know if with this pass we can travel inside tokyo. Is there any travel pass to travel inside tokyo and which is the most useful?.
In tokyo there is an area where I can buy camaras a good price?.
And last thing, to use a mobil phone whats the best way?. Many thanks
by Victor Garcia  

. 2007/9/10 09:54
I am travelling to tokyo next week with my wife and we got the Japan Rail pass. Can we use this Pass to travel from airport to central tokyo? If is the case can we reserve before hand.
We also like to know if with this pass we can travel inside tokyo. Is there any travel pass to travel inside tokyo and which is the most useful?.
In tokyo there is an area where I can buy camaras a good price?.
And last thing, to use a mobil phone whats the best way?. Many thanks

Victor, if you plan on only staying in Tokyo, then do not get a rail pass. If you already have a rail pass return it for a refund (or partial refund).

It is cheaper if you are only traveling to Tokyo to pay as you go instead of getting a pass.

There are some passes in Tokyo that might be good, but it depends on how much you travel.

by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/10 13:17
You can use the Narita Express to travel on the JApan rail pass.
but as John says, it's seriously not worth it to travel on the Japan rail pass in tokyo alone.
by amelia rate this post as useful

JR Rail Pass for Tokyo alone 2007/9/10 14:40
The 7 day JR Rail Pass is 28 300 Yen. The return fare Narita - Tokyo - Narita is 6 000 Yen. A subway ride ( JR Pass not valid ) is around 200 Yen a ride on JR loop line Yamanote within is 160 Yen to 300 Yen about. You cannot book seats on Narita Express from outside Japan ( and please consider: Are you sure your plane arrives on time ) but in general Narita Express has plenty seats and a reservation can be made up to 10 min prior to the next train's departure.
by Peter rate this post as useful

reply to this thread