Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

sweet condensed milk 2007/9/12 10:41
I'm planning to make a dish that requires sweet condensed milk, and I don't think I've ever seen condensed milk in Japanese supermarkets! Is it avaliable, and what do I ask for? I live in Osaka if anyone knows import stores that carry it.

Thanks!
by Kate  

Condensed milk 2007/9/12 10:53
Kate,

Unless the Kansai Region is different from Kanto, it should be available at even the smallest supermarkets and convenience stores. Ask for "kondensu miruku". It's available in tubes or cans, and is usually found in the same area as tea/coffee/whiteners.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/12 12:55
I'm from Osaka and kondensu miruku has been there as long as i can remember..
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

Ren nyuu 2007/9/12 13:04
There's also a chance it's under "ren nyuu" (—û“û)
They've definitely got it at most grocery stores I've been to, and I live in the middle of nowhere.

Most of the time I see it, it's around the maple syrup/jams section, and sometimes it's in the baking section.
by Jamie rate this post as useful

morinaga 2007/9/12 17:37
morinaga has condensed milk in cans which is very good for cooking purposes than the tubed ones which is smaller but more expensive. i've seen this brand in hanamasa and jusco. happy cooking!
by ella rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/12 18:57
by . rate this post as useful

condensed milk 2007/9/12 22:10
Definitely look in the baking section. You may have seen it before in red tubes near the strawberries during strawberry season- every supermarket I've been to has the condensed milk near the strawberries at that time.
by Sira rate this post as useful

thanks! 2007/9/13 14:17
Thanks everyone!

I had been looking in the baking section, but in my supermarket it was where Dave said, with coffee whiteners! No wonder I couldn't find it lol.

But thanks to everyone who replied!
by Kate rate this post as useful

reply to this thread