Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Edo Wonderland in Hokkaido? 2007/9/14 01:21
Is there any difference between Edo Wonderland in Hokkaido and Edo Wonderland Nikko? Because I can only find infomation about the one at Nikko on website, but not the one in Hokkaido. I'm wondering if the scale of the places, the attractions and fees are the same or not?

I'll be visiting Tokyo for about 1 week and Hokkaido for about 2 month, so I'm wondering should I squeeze in a trip to Nikko when I'm in Tokyo or should I go to the one at Noboribetsu?

Thank you in advance for advices.
by fang  

... 2007/9/15 11:44
It is "Noboribetsu Date Jidaimura."
http://www.edo-trip.jp/
by JLady rate this post as useful

Edo wonderland 2007/9/15 16:32
do go to the Edo wonderland when in Hokkaido as you will have plenty of time.
But you must see the Nikko Toshogu shrine as this is truly one of the wonders of the world!.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Thank you 2007/9/29 19:25
Thank you for the advices & info on the website, JLady & Sensei 2.

By the way, since I'm on the topic of going to hokkaido, what are the places & activities you recommend I go while I'm there? I'll be homestaying in Niseko for about one and a half month. And most probably I'll also get a 5 days JR Hokkaido Pass to travel around by myself, from 30 Jan to 3 Feb, before flying back to Narita on the 4th early morning to catch a connecting flight back home.

I heard there are several events taking place in winter like, Diamond Dust in Kawayu, Akan Ice Festival "Fuyuhanabi", Lake Shikotsu Ice Festival, Tokachigawa Swan Festival Sairinka, Drift Ice Iceland Republic, Shiretoko Fantasia, Otaru Snow Light Path, Asahikawa Winter Festival & Abashiri Okhotsk Drift Ice Festival, are there any events which I can take part during my 5 days tour? Advices please. Thank you!
by fang rate this post as useful

reply to this thread