Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student Visa Extension and Class Failure 2007/9/14 17:05
Hi,

I recently got accepted into a Graduate School Program here. Prior to this, I was in a non-matriculated Japanese Language Program in Japan. Due to some various external factors, my grade in this program at the end of the second semester was a failure.

I am in the process of renewing my Visa and have a letter from my Graduate school here stating that I am accepted into their program. However, the Japanese Government will not give me a visa extension until they see my official Transcripts from my previous program.

Could this failure on my Transcript result in them not extending my Visa, despite the fact that I've already been accepted into a Graduate School Program?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!
by Confused  

... 2007/9/14 22:26
Don't be fooled ! No need to show any results what so ever ! You have a place on the programme for sure? You have the financial means for your stay? Have a place to live in? Then that should be fine!
by tom rate this post as useful

.. 2007/9/14 23:08
There is two things I see here:
If you were a Japanese language school student before you had a Pre-College Student Visa right?

Now you're going into a Graduate Program at University, it should be a College Visa.

So really what you want to do is not extend your current visa, because if you are extending it, it might be under the terms of your last deal. You might want to apply for a brand new visa with information from your new school only.
by John rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2007/9/15 19:29
Hi,
Thanks for the advice!
Tom - Yes, I paid for everything from my Graduate School and got a letter from them that was sent in with my Visa Application.
John - My original Visa status was as a College Student and not Pre-College. When I went to Immigration before, they told me that I could re-new my current Visa and not apply for a new one since it was a multiple-entry College Visa. Based on that information, do you think I'll be ok? I'm just worried about this Transcript nonsense, especially since the classes were non-matriculated and I only took them for myself.
by Confused rate this post as useful

reply to this thread