Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

American Wedding in Japan 2007/9/17 03:30
My fiancee and I are looking to get married in Japan, but are having trouble finding some information. We were able to find out the legal requirements and are ok in that regard, but we don't know how to go about setting up a Shinto ceremony. If anyone can share their personal experiences about this, or know of a website that can help, please let us know. Specific issues we need help with are: reserving a place for the ceremony (we'd prefer to have it in Miyajima, in front of Itsukushima if at all possible), getting a Shinto priest to officiate, getting a translator, and if there is anything else we may need to know and not be aware of. We'd be very grateful to anyone that can help us out in any way. Thank you,

Brian and Teresa
by Brian  

. 2007/9/17 11:38
I'm a bit confused by when you title it "American Wedding", did you mean a western style wedding in front of the shrine, or did you want a shinto style wedding at the shrine?
by John rate this post as useful

two americans wedding 2007/9/17 12:14
I think the original poster means to say that it is two Americans who want to get married in a shinto ceremony in Japan. ie. they are not Japanese residents nor citizens.

Sorry but I don't know the answer to the OP's questions.
by sazae-san rate this post as useful

nagomi 2007/9/17 12:21
This company apparently arranges weddings at Itsukushima Shrine: http://wedding-nagomi.com/

I suppose it couldn't hurt to write them an e-mail in English and see if they can handle your request.

There are probably other companies which also handle wedding coordination for the shrine, but this was the first one that popped up on google.
by sazae-san rate this post as useful

Clarification 2007/9/18 02:06
Sorry for the confusion. That's correct: we are both American, but are looking to have a Shinto ceremony performed in Japan.

Thanks,

Brian
by Brian rate this post as useful

Go ask the shrine 2007/9/18 23:02
Why don't you go to the shrine itself and ask? Or check their website? I've just been in Meiji Shrine where they were holding a few wedding ceremonies and there was an office where you can apply for wedding ceremonies, as well.
by shimaki rate this post as useful

reply to this thread