Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinagawa Transfer 2007/9/17 21:56
Will 9 minutes are enough to walk from Narita Express arrival platform to SHINKANSEN NOZOMI departure to Kyoto at around 16:50 ?
by Joseph  

. 2007/9/18 09:16
Shinagawa Station is a pretty strait foward station, so I would say yes, assuming you didn't have a lot of luggage that would slow you down.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/18 09:19
Luckily the Narita Express platforms are close to the Shinkansen platforms, so it won't be a long walk, just follow the signs and plan ahead:
http://jr-central.co.jp/eng.nsf/english/shinagawa

similar transfer question 2007/9/18 09:21
I have a similar question about Shinagawa.

I am planning to transfer from the Narita Airport Express at Shinagawa to the Shinkansen Kodama to Odawara. That is an eight minute transfer.

Will I have enough time?

I am planning to buy my tickets at the airport. The Suica-Nex to get to Shinagawa and a regular ticket from Shinagawa to Odawara as my JR pass will not start til later on.

Thanks!
by Mara rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/18 09:23
Again I refer back to what I said before, you can probably make it, if you have luggage you might want to hussle a bit but its possible, the Narita Express arrives via the Yokosuka line platforms, so its close to the Shinkansen side of the station.

thanks.... 2007/9/18 11:45
Thanks, John. I think I was writing my question when you were posting the answer to the first poster as I didn't see your answer before I posted.

That map is helpful now that I know the Narita train comes in at track 14....
by Mara rate this post as useful

Helpful answer 2007/9/18 14:37
Thanks! John
by Joseph rate this post as useful

reply to this thread