Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Place to stay in Mt Fuji area 2007/9/18 13:21
Hello,

I need some advice on where to stay in the Mount Fuji area. Arriving in Tokyo, spending a few days there, then want to visit and see Mt. Fuji but don't want to climb it. Just want to sightsee. Then, traveling on to Kyoto. Where should I stay? Hakone? I would like a place that has direct rail service to Kyoto. Thanks in advance for your help.
by Stuart Hata  

Hakone as stopover 2007/9/18 16:15
Yes Hakone is a good idea. With JR Railpass you go: Tokyo - Odawara by kodama shinkansen, then buy a Hakone Free Pass starting in Odawara. Stay overnight in Hakone area, preferably in a ryokan with Japanese meal and Japanese bath. From Odawara there are some direct hikari shinkansen to Kyoto: 14.10 h , 16.10 h and 18. 10 h from Odawara, arrive Kyoto 2 hours 10 min later. Without JR Railpass: buy single ticket on Odakyuline from Tokyo-Shinjuku station to Odawara, then as above.
by Peter rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2007/9/19 02:32
Thank you Peter! Your advice is very helpful.
by Stuart rate this post as useful

reply to this thread