Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Family Resort 2007/9/18 15:00
My family of 5 adults, 3 teens and 2 kids will be in Japan for 10 days from 13 Dec 2007. Our itinerary is as follows - 3 days in Tokyo, 3 days in Hakone/Fuji 5 Lakes and 3 days hopefully in a family resort where we could go ski, ride snow mobiles and experience an outdoor onsen (rotemburo). Could any forummer recommend a family resort within a 2-3 hour travelling range from Tokyo?
Thank you!!
by Richard  

... 2007/9/18 19:00
I think Fuji-lakes area is a bit cold to visit in December and 1 night is enough for Hakone. (You can enjoy rotemburo in Hakone)

As for skiing, Nagano and Niigata are easily accessible from Tokyo by shinkansen. But there's no guarantee that you'll have snow enough for skiing in December. If your main purpose is skiing, fly to Hokkaido from Haneda domestic airport.
by JLady rate this post as useful

onsen 2007/9/19 05:00
you do know, don't you, that bathing suits are not allowed in most onsens? might be a bit unnerving for the younger people.
I remember my first sauna in Finland when I was a young man of 20. being naked with the men of my host family was already nerve racking enough but then we had to leave the sauna to jump in the lake and all the women of the family were there!.
by Red frog rate this post as useful

onsen with bathing suits 2007/9/19 06:33
yunessen is great for westerners because you get to experience different flavors of pools. red tea, green tea, rock waters, udon soup, charcoal, coffee pools. really great and best thing about this is you can wear swimsuits!!!
by i love japan rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/19 11:42
Thanx, JLady & Red frog, for the tips. Any impressions of resorts at say, Shiga Kogen, Yuzawa or the Tangram Family Resort?
by Richard rate this post as useful

snow resorts 2007/9/19 16:37
www.snowjapan.com has reviews & information about resort features that may be of use to you in selecting a spot. I have friends with kids who used to go to hakuba and loved it but where exactly (which resort), I couldn't tell you.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

reply to this thread