Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

280.000 yen wage 2007/9/21 14:59
I will be working for a bento factory, in southern honshu, expecting to make 280.000 yen monthly, with 3 to 4 hour overtime. Is this wage enough for one person to cover all possible expenses ? What is the average monthly wage, with overtime ? Tks
by osvaldo br  

salary 2007/9/22 20:34
Yes, that is fine for one person to live on, especially outside the bigger cities. You will have a reasonable amount left over after you have paid for essentials like rent and transport.

Entry level English teachers here often get 250,000 to 270,000 yen per month these days so you are actually doing better than them.

by Sira rate this post as useful

THANKS 2007/9/23 11:22
Sira, Thank you very much for your comment ! That really makes me feel comfortable about my
goals.You helped a lot !
by Osvaldo Br rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/23 14:08
I am sure that is enough to cover expenses, but do you mean "3 to 4 hours overtime" every day or per week? If you mean every day, that is going to be 12-hour working days every day, which does not sound comfortable, and for that many hours the pay does not sound great...
by AK rate this post as useful

That is right 2007/9/23 14:26
AK, Yes, I meant 3 to 4 hours overtime,from monday to saturday ! I know it sounds crazy and stressing but, I do not seem to have another option at the moment !
I gotta do this anyway !
Thanks for your observation !
by osvaldo br rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/23 14:32
Well, if you have to go this way, all I can do is wish you luck in everything... just make sure you get enough break time in between work hours (1 hour lunch time, maybe one break in the morning, two breakin the afternoon, with time allowed for supper during your evening overtime too). And also make sure that your employer does not deduct all the break time from your work-hours when it comes to wage calculation.

But considering that it is 6-day week, I must say the net per-hour wage is not that great... :( Well, best of luck!
by AK rate this post as useful

gotta take this chance 2007/9/23 15:19
AK,proper and enough break time, is something that worries me a lot ! I heard many comments about it, even the deductions, I just hope it will not happen to me, and will not be f... over by my employer ! Tks
by osvaldo br rate this post as useful

reply to this thread