Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Emperor's Birthday in 23 - 24Dec 07 2007/9/24 14:51
Dear All,

I am currently planning my itinerary for Japan. I have just confirmed my air tickets and will be arriving on 20 Dec 07 and departing on 26 Dec 07.

Was reading through some guide books and found out that its National Holiday (Emperor's birthday) on 23 and 24 Dec 07.

Pls advise if major shopping malls would be closed?? I jus checked that Disneyland will not be but I would expect big crowds due holiday.

Pls also advise what I can do during this 2 days.

Many thanks in advance for all advises
by Eva  

... 2007/9/24 17:02
Tourist spots and shopping malls are open on holidays. Post offices/banks are, however, closed. If you plan to exchage money there, make sure you have money enough to survive the 3-day holidays (22-24th).
by JLady rate this post as useful

What a relief!! 2007/9/24 17:21
Hi JLady,

Thanks for your reply. Its good news to know that tourist spots and shopping malls are open during the holidays.

Best regards
Eva
by Eva rate this post as useful

25th 2007/9/24 17:22
If you really want to go to Disneyland, just go on Christmas Day (25th)

That is not a national holiday in Japan, although it is the school holidays.... but anything is better than going on a holiday or the weekend.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Disneyland on Xmas day 2007/9/24 17:38
Hi Sandy,

Noted your suggestion but won't it be too crowded to go Disneyland on a Holiday??

25th 2007/9/24 17:59
Christmas Day is NOT a holiday in Japan.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/24 22:04
But I believe that December 25 falls into the school winter holidays, and, therefore, will probably be just as crowded as a weekend or national holiday. Plus, in the evening you will get lots of couples celebrating a romantic Disney Christmas.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks Uji 2007/9/27 13:38
Hi Uji,

Thanks for your post.. That was what i meant.. even though it is not a public holiday, its a school holiday.. I think i beta pass on that..

reply to this thread