Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

English teaching job possibilities. 2007/9/25 04:00
I am a TESOL qualified english teacher from India. I also have BA College degree.I completed my study (12 years schooling, college degree, diploma)all in english language.I wish to teach english as a foreign language in Japan. I also know jpanese language. What is the scope for me ?
by Pallab Dutta  

teaching in Japan 2007/9/25 14:19
I suggest you have a look at sites like ohayosensei.com and eslcafe.com Japan Forum where you will find lots of information on teaching in Japan and positions advertised as well.

I'm afraid this isn't the best time to be coming because the largest chain English school in Japan (Nova) is having serious financial troubles right now and hundreds of their teachers are resigning and/ or looking for new jobs, so you would be competing with them. I have heard there are hundreds of people applying for every job advertised right now.

You are certainly well qualified so may be able to find a good job anyway. Check out the sites I suggested and good luck.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread