Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train reservations necessary? 2007/9/25 12:31
Do you think reservations are necessary. We are traveling from Oct 10-Oct 26 . Route will be Tokyo-Shizuoka, Shizuoka-Nagiso,Nagiso-Matsumoto, Nagoya-Kyoto, Kyoto-Mt Koyasan, Mt Koyasan-Himeji.

Still trying to decide if the 14 day pass is better or point to point to point tickets.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
by Barbara  

return flight 2007/9/25 22:42
Himeji has no airport, which airport you will fly out?
by Peter rate this post as useful

Train reservatons necessary? 2007/9/25 22:51
A friend from Yonago is meeting us in Himeji & we will be going to Yonago on the train,staying with her for a few days & then flying from Yonago to Tokyo.
I've been trying to decide if the pass is better than tickets, I think the pass will cost more than the point to point tickets. so I'm trying to decide if reservatons are necessary on the routes we are taking.
Thanks!!
by Barbara rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/26 10:58
All the trains you will be using have unreserved seats. Therefore, no seat reservations are necessary. For peace of mind, however, I recommend to make seat reservation, especially in case there is more than one person traveling and you wish to seat besides each other. Making seat reservation the day before travel will almost alway be successful. October is not a peak travel season.
by Uji rate this post as useful

night trains 2007/9/26 14:15
How can I make reservations for night trains esp during a busy period? Do you have to make reservations in person?
by forde rate this post as useful

reply to this thread