Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Nichidai Kodo 2007/9/26 05:15
Could someone please provide the ward for this venue? It was used for AJPW matches in the 70's & 80's. I believe it is called Nippon University Hall in English, Thanks so much in advance.
by Odysseus  

... 2007/9/26 12:57
Ryogoku Kokugikan (where Sumo tournaments are held) used to be Nichidai Kodo (from 1958-1982). I wonder if this is what you want to know...then, it's in Sumida ward.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2007/9/26 21:07
Thanks so much! I didn't know that... I guess it was renamed after Kuramae was closed? May I ask, was it a grand sumo venue before becoming Ryogoku, or did they renovate? It's a very handsome building.
by Odysseus rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/27 09:48
I reread Wikipedia. The 1st Kokugikan was used as Nichidai Kodo from 1958-82 and dismantled in 1983. (and Ryogoku City Core Complex was built on the vacant land) Grand sumo tournaments were held at Kuramae Kokugikan from 1954-84 and moved to the current Ryogoku Kokugikan, which was built in 1985 at a JR train depo.
by JLady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread