Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tough finding a hotel in Tokyo 2007/9/27 03:30
Maybe I'm too picky but I'm looking for hotel close to a train station that leads to both Narita airport and the chance to site see in late October. Just my wife and I. No kids. Our budget allows for 100 to 150 USD per night.

We have considred the following: Dai-Ichi Hotel Annex, Sunrote Akasaka Hotel, Akasaka Excel Hotel, Shiba Park Hotel, Celestine Hotel, Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa, and the Keihin Hotel (which we know is near a train station).

The goal is walking distance to a train station, cost, comfort. HELP!
by Dave_Jib_Zenz  

... 2007/9/27 10:00
Dai-Ichi Hotel Annex, Sunrote Akasaka Hotel, Akasaka Excel Hotel, Shiba Park Hotel, Celestine Hotel, Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa, and the Keihin Hotel
Among them, only Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa and the Keihin Hotel are near the station (Shinagawa station) which DIRECTLY takes you to the Narita Airport.
by JLady rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/27 10:17
Note that many of the cheaper rooms at these hotels are smaller "business hotel" style rooms. Meaning 16-20 square meters normally. So if you don't mind the small space and scarce decorations, they're perfectly fine for transportation (expecially the Takanwawa prince, shinagawa prince, or the Keihin hotel).
by John rate this post as useful

hotel in tokyo 2007/9/27 12:09
Check out my review of the Annex Katsutaro Ryokan at http://www.2think.org/japan-hotels.shtml
by acase rate this post as useful

sutton place 2007/9/27 19:09
Hello, we have booked the Sutton Place Hotel which is in walking distance to Ueno station. We will stay there for the first time mid October. It is completely renovated. Have a look on their website: http://www.thehotel.co.jp/en/sutton_ueno/index.php

good luck!
sandy
by sandy rate this post as useful

A good hotel 2007/9/27 19:29
I am staying at the Ikebukuro Theatre hotel. It is about a 2 minute or less walk to Ikebukuro station, the airport limousine stops at the Sunshine City Prince hotel about a 3 minute walk away, there is a department store about half block, a grocery store and a big mall about a 3 minute walk. There are a lot of restaurants, and night life around the hotel. High speed internet is included. It is very quiet in the hotel. It is about $85 US a night for 1 person.
by Ken rate this post as useful

, 2007/9/28 02:53
The rooms in the Grand Prince Shinagawa Annex Tower are big and nice. Note the hotel complex has several towers and the Annex is the former Executive Tower, the nicest.

The New Takanawa was renovated last year and should be good, but it's a 6-7 minute walk from the station.
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/9/28 03:52
Thank you all. Your replies are wonderful!
by Dave_Jib_Zenz rate this post as useful

dai ichi annex 2007/9/30 21:20
My wife and I stayed at dai-ichi annex last summer. Shimbashii station is two blocks away, the rooms are comfortable and there's a conveinence store (suns r us) across the street.
by nick rate this post as useful

Hotel in Tokyo 2007/10/1 00:33
I have used Toyoko Inn by Shinagawa before. The rooms are small but it was okay for the two of us. It is just by Shinagawa station (near Takanawa exit) and a block away from Shinagawa Prince. You have direct train service to Narita Airport.

I really think it is the best bang for the buck.

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00029/index.html
by TravelToJapan rate this post as useful

Try Ryokan 2007/10/1 02:15
I will going to Japan on the 2nd week of October. Was looking for a place to stay, friends recommend to stay in traditional Ryokan instead of hotel, the experience you can get in Japan..:)
Belowis the website for your viewing.
http://www.andon.co.jp/index.html

cheers
by calvin rate this post as useful

just had to say.. 2007/10/1 14:59
That looks like a nice place to stay calvin but it is by far the most UNtraditional ryokan I have EVER seen!! love the bacon and eggs fry up for breakfast!
by Impy rate this post as useful

Difficully in finding hotels! 2007/10/1 15:54
I have been working on my travel plans for Japan for over two weeks, spending countless hours at the computer so I understand completely how difficult it is to find the just right hotels!! I have found it to be easiest to select 2 or 3 hotels, then do a google search such as ''best rates for Narita Tokyu Excel Hotel''. I have stayed at this hotel and enjoyed it very much and I am reserving a room there for this trip, several days. The Shinagawa Prince Hotel is in a perfect location, steps away from the train station and the heart of Tokyo and close to the Ginza, great night life!Not to be confused by Shin Prince Hotel which is at another location. Plus, you can catch a bus directly from Narita to that Hotel. This hotel is great for couples and families because it has so many fun things to do, bowling, IMAX movie theater, large aquarimine, etc. Check with www.agoda.com which has the best rates for this hotel. I have stayed there so I can vouch for it being a very nice place to stay. They also have a bus that will take you directly back to the Narita airport. I also plan on staying at the Yokohama Tokyu Excel Hotel, I have not stayed there before but it is right at the Yokohama Train Station, only steps to go into the train station where there are many places to go from there including the top department stores, SOGO, MITSUKOSHI, TAKASHIMIA, plus an enormous amount of different restaurants in the Train station along with shops, it is like an underground city in itself. Plus walking distance to a street with oodles of shops! Agoda.com and AsiaRooms.com is another best rate hotel website for this hotel. Another possibility for a one night stay is the Tokyo Dome City, another hotel with many things to do and see. If you need help with low fare train service refer to www.japan-guide.com look for Suica & N'EX only for foreign visitors, great bargain! I am from CT, it is about a 14 hour flight to Japan so I will stay a couple of nights in Narita at the Narita Tokyu Hotel to catch my breath and relax before moving on. There is a bus that circles the town and attractions for a flat 150 yen. There is a beautiful temple there that is a must see and many more places to visit. If I can help you in anyway, don't hesitate to E-mail me, I will though be leaving Oct 3rd. xxxx@aol.com I am half Japanese so I do speak Japanese and I have spent many years in Japan. I also found a great 2 day trip to Hakone via bullet train, one night hotel at the Prince Hotel for 9,900 yen. Sunrise Tours. Great area!! Have a safe and fun trip and I hope I have helped you! Now, I need to get my hotels booked!! Mrs. Jennifer Echard (I am going solo, my hubby can't get away right now.) When is your trip?
by Jennifer Echard rate this post as useful

October 2007/10/2 01:07
We are in Tokyo from October 27th to 31st. Hope to see a few shrines, museums, and Disney.
by Dave_Jib_Zenz rate this post as useful

Ueno hotel highly recommended 2007/10/4 01:14
I stayed (July) with my husband in a quality,very clean, friendly hotel close to Ueno Station. The price per room included breakfast (great, fulfilling and all fresh), not mentioned on the website. Hotel needs advertising, for sure - found by coincidence. check hotel's website: http://www.hotel-rainbow.jp
by Aleksandra rate this post as useful

Ueno! 2007/10/8 05:11
Ueno is a nice area. I stay there all the time, I stay in a business hotel near the Keisei station. I recommend the area. There's not much near Shinagawa.
by juunbug25 rate this post as useful

Hotel to stay near RW 2007/10/12 22:25
Hi,
This one http://www.japan-tokyo-hotels.com/dai_ichi_inn_ikebukuro.htm...
may suit you needs as it is close to the railway station, and easy to reach from the Narita.
I stayed there in May 2007, and was amazed at the sparkling cleanness and homey atmosphere. With reasonable rates, they offer many services you could expect from a more luxurious property.

What I liked was the hi speed Internet all around, plus hot spots..

by Mirana rate this post as useful

Yes, I remember Ikebukuro 2007/10/13 03:11
Hey,
I once stayed in Ikebukuro for a conference and it left a strange impression of being gloomy in a way...
by Jane rate this post as useful

reply to this thread