Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto, Nara, Osaka Trip 2007/9/28 16:15
I've been planning a trip to western Japan this November for the first time. I don't think it's possible to see all three on the same day, so I would like to stay in a hotel near Kyoto Station. Are there any recomendations? I wanted to see Kyoto especially in autumn colors, so I was thinking mid-to late November.
by Joe  

Hotel 2007/9/28 20:25
I did a search here and found the Hatoya, which is located very close to Kyoto Station but is kind of expensive for 3 days @ 7000 yen/night. I sent an e-mail tonight to confirm a reservation, so I hope I can get a room. The plan I have now is to visit Himeji and Kobe on 11/22, then check into the hotel on the way back. I stay in Kyoto for Friday (23) and Saturday(24) and during that time also visit Nara and Koyasan. On Sunday, I will check out and go to Osaka, then return home.

Are there any other recommendations for a hotel near Kyoto Station? I'm not sure if I'll get the one for the Hatoya Hotel.
by Joe rate this post as useful

how are you getting there? 2007/9/28 20:39
Are you flying in to Japan? Do you live there? Sounds like you want to do a lot in 3 days.
by resident advisor rate this post as useful

- 2007/9/28 21:03
I live in Japan. I will live Ibaraki at 5:05 am.

- 2007/9/28 21:05
Sorry, I meant 'leave' but you know what I mean. ^_^ Anyway, I've done trips like this before in Japan. This summer I went to Asakusa/Kamakura, Odaiba, and Tokyo Tower all in one day.

Weather 2007/9/28 21:09
The only thing I'm really worried about is weather. Having 4 days will give me options of having good weather, also I'm going at the end of November because it's supposed to be the best time for autumn colors, but within 1-2 days differences, those leaves could be on the ground...

Hotel 2007/9/29 18:00
Still haven't received a response from Hatoya. Any receommendations for a hotel near Kyoto Station?

Osaka Hotel? 2007/9/29 20:10
It seems like a lot of the hotels are booked out in Kyoto, so I'm thinking about staying in Osaka now. Are there any recomendations? I don't have a credit card, so I would have to pay with cash. I would like to stay in a hotel near Shin-Osaka.

Osaka Hotel 2007/9/29 20:53
Just booked a hotel near Shin-Osaka Station. It kind of changes my plans a bit, but I think Kyoto is only 25 minutes away by train.

reply to this thread