Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About Large coin locker? 2007/9/29 00:44
Which station has large coin locker?? How can I get more information??

Shinjuku, Yokohama, Ginza and Tokyo...have??

Thanks for information
by Tan  

... 2007/9/29 08:33
I believe there is no website or database to look up what locker sizes are available at what stations. But put simply: large stations will have large lockers. Most shinkansen stations, for example, probably have large lockers.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/29 09:07
Tokyo, SHinjuku and Yokohama will have large lockers. Ginza Station probably not, but I am not sure. Ginza Station is only served by subways, and I personally have not seen many subway stations with large lockers.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/29 09:11
I've never seen large lockers at Ginza, but definately at Shinjuku Station. Note that I've been successful in fitting a standard airline sized carryon into a small locker, had to squish it in, but it fitted. Though they are small, they are long and deep inside, so when you're looking at lockers, try out the small one first see if you can angle it to fit inside, then find a medium then large one.
by John rate this post as useful

Cloak room 2007/9/29 09:12
If you have very large baggage, you can also use the "cloak room" at Tokyo Station. They accept large items between about 10am-6pm. It costs 500yen for each item.

It is located near the underground "Meeting place" near the central Yaesu East exit.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Shinjuku Southeast exit 2007/9/29 10:04
Recently I made a point of remembering where I saw big coin lockers so I could tell people if they asked.

At Shinjuku station there are definitely suitcase-sized lockers just to the left of the Southeast exit, opposite the tea kiosk and the entrance to Lumine.

It's always possible that they will all be full, but it's worth looking there.

Note that you have to go up a different set of stairs from the West and East exits to reach the South and Southeast exits- follow the yellow signs on the platform that indicate which way to that exit.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Yokohama 2007/9/30 01:35
Yokohama Station.. has it??
by Tan rate this post as useful

lockers 2007/9/30 08:41
All large stations have them, including Yokohama. As they are large stations though the lockers can sometimes be tricky to find and it is possible they will all be full sometimes. You have to take your chances I'm afraid.

For the location, ask at the information counter at the station- at a station like Yokohama they will probably even have English speaking staff.

Thank 2007/9/30 16:58
Thank you so much...
by Tan rate this post as useful

ueno 2007/10/1 17:46
how about Ueno station? Anyone knows if they have large size locker?
by thh rate this post as useful

yes 2007/10/1 20:01
As above, all large stations have large lockers. Ueno is a large station therefore it has large lockers.

reply to this thread