Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tagata Jinja from Kyoto? 2007/9/29 04:03
ok, if you don't know what Tagata Jinja is... don't google it at work. It isn't exactly work safe. It is a male fertility shrine... that should tell you enough.

So, does anyone know how to get there from Kyoto? And how long it takes? Or... is this shrine even worth going to?

I was trying to find the location of a different shrine, when this one popped up in google. I was like ''omg, is that??'' ...it was so hilarious to see pictures of the festival held on March 15 at this shrine.

Anyway, I think it will be interesting (to say the least) to visit Tagata Jinja, and I have several friends that are demanding charms from this shrine as their souvenir.
by Robyn  

... 2007/9/29 08:50
The shrine is close to Nagoya. The closest station is called "Tagata Jinja Mae". It takes about 90-120 minutes (6500 Yen one way) to get there from Kyoto by shinkansen.

Enter "kyoto" and "tagatajinamae" to look up train schedules:
http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

I have not been there myself.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/29 10:32
I've never been there, either but its festival is so famous for locals (well, I've grown up in Nagoya) that it is always covered by the media. If you plan to visit Tagata shrine, you can conbine it with other tourist spots in Inuyama city, such as, Meiji-mura or Monkey Park. Or you can visit its counterpart shrine (Ooagata shrine), too.
by JLady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread