Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus Schedule for Uji-shi to KIX 2007/9/30 03:44
Hi,

Does anyone have the links to Bus Schedules for traveling from Uji-shi to Kansai International Airport? I think I saw Airport Limousine Bus or something very similar but Keihan, but am not sure.

Thanks.
by TravelToJapan  

... 2007/9/30 10:09
There does not seem to exist a direct bus anymore. There was one, co-operated by Keihan Bus and Kansai Airport Limousine, but it seems like it has been discontinued. Instead, I think you will need to change to a train along the way:

For example, take the Keihan Airport Limousine to Kuzuha Station and transfer to the train there. Or take trains all the way.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/30 10:13
Here is the schedule for the Kuzuha route, which looks like it has replaced the Uji route:
http://kate.co.jp/pc/time_table/keihan_uji_tt.html

... 2007/9/30 10:19
After some more research, I can now confirm that the airport bus does not connect directly to Uji anymore as of April 20, 2007.

Going via Hirakata (rather than Kusuha; same bus) looks like the best alternative.

Thanks Uji san 2007/9/30 15:00
Thank you for very much for your help.
by TravelToJapan rate this post as useful

Alternate Solution 2007/10/1 00:27
I found another possible alternate solution. I am posting it just in case someone else needs it. Also, if someone has used this MKtaxi, please let us know about your experience.

http://www.mk-group.co.jp/english/shuttle/

... 2007/10/1 06:36
Please note that the MK Taxi Skyshuttle does not serve Uji. It only goes to Kobe and Kyoto.

But, considering that Uji is just a 20 minute train ride south of Kyoto, I personally would probably take the Haruka limited express from the airport to Kyoto and then the train to Uji.

MKTaxi 2007/10/1 11:26
Thank you Uji-san again for your comments. When I read the posting on MK Shuttle's website, it appears that their shuttles serve Uji. This is what I read...

Service Area

Kyoto-City (Excluding part of Ukyo-ku, Kita-ku, Sakyo-ku, Fushimi-ku), Muko, Nagaokakyo, Otokuni, Uji (Excluding some parts), Joyo, and Kuze

Maybe I am mistaken, but it sames Uji is included, but some parts of Uji are not served. I have to go to KIX from Uji, and will have a lot of luggage. If this one does not work out, then I may have to use Takkyubin.

Thanks.

... 2007/10/3 14:00
Sorry, you are right. I did not read carefully enough.

reply to this thread