Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

shipping pets 2007/10/1 16:23
hello again! i will be going home to the philippines in november via philippine airlines. i've already mailed them and asked them about their procedure in shipping pets. so far, no replies yet. this is the first time, i've shipped a dog so any info would be great cos i have no clue :S i've tried searching but all the info i seem to find are for shipping pets into japan. would love to know what papers i should fix, and how to make travelling easier for my dog. thanks!
by chihuahuamomma  

... 2007/10/2 16:59
What I post here is info in 2005 (what I heard from a friend of mine who shipped her pet dog to Makati).

First of all, ask the Philippines Embassy in Japan for "Application for Import Permit." Fill in the form and send it to "The Bureau of Industry" in Queson. (If you have a family living near Queson, ask them to submit this form. It's much better than sending it by mail) Then, you can get "Import Permit" from the bureau.
Once you get "Import Permit," ask a vet in Japan to make "Vaccination Record" and "Veterinary Health Certificate" (There 2 are necessary for Japanese quarantine office).

When you get "Import Permit" "Vaccination Record" and "Veterinary Health Certificate," then contact to quarantine office of your departure airport (KIX?) for further procedure to get "Export Permit."

There may be any change in this process. I strongly recommend that you should get contact to the Embassy of the Philippines in Japan as soon as possible.
by JLady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread