Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ski for dec 2007 2007/10/1 17:38
when will the ski open at Gala Yuzawa for dec 2007? The half day ticket starts from the timing we take the gondola ride up the hill? I arrive around 11.20a.m, so thinking of buying half day ticket starts at 12p.m. So is there a place or restaurant where we can grab lunch during the 40min waiting ?
by thh  

depends 2007/10/1 23:55
When Gala Yuzawa opens depends on when there is snow.

A half day ticket usually runs from and to particular times. e.g. 9am-1pm, 1pm - 5pm.

There is a big base complex there, so you can have lunch while you wait.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

ski 2007/10/2 14:15
The base complex is outside the train station, before the gondola ride up the hill?
by thh rate this post as useful

ski/onsen in dec 2007/10/7 12:46
I'm planning a trip to osaka/kyoto are around 15 dec. I have 2 kids age 6 & 8 and they would love to play with snow. ANy idea which is the nearest ski/onsen area to Osaka? Is it Nigata? Is it a purely ski resort or does it have onsen and other activities. Heard that Yuzawa Onsen in Nagoya is quite good but it's 6-7 hrs journey from Osaka. Anyone knows which is better for family/kids? Thanks
by clover rate this post as useful

Yes 2007/10/7 15:04
Yes, the base complex is about 50m from the outside of the train station, before the gondola ride up the hill. There are shops, restaurants and changing rooms there.

snow 2007/10/7 15:13
Niigata is nowhere near Osaka.

If your kids want to see snow, it would be best to go somewhere near Osaka/Kyoto.
Probably Hyogo or Shiga Prefectures.
http://www.snowjapan.com/e/maps/map-of-japan.html

... 2007/12/17 09:58
Have you guys seen the page yet for where you can see snow?

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2265.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread