Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Romance car covered by JR Pass 2007/10/2 23:55
We're going to Hakone later this week (Friday) and we've bought our JRPasses. I know that we can take the shinkansen to Odawara and then take the Hakone Tozan line to Hakone-Yumoto, but if we wanted to take the romance car, will our JRPasses cover it?
by Anna  

Japan Rail Pass 2007/10/3 10:40
Anna,

The Japan Rail Pass covers only JR lines, so you cannot use it on the Hakone Tozan Railway or the Odakyu Railway (including Romance Car trains).
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

LOL 2007/10/3 12:54
hahaha! there's nothing terribly 'romantic' about the "Romance Car".....it's a noisy, rattly train that just happens to go through some spectacular scenery!
by romantic rate this post as useful

Romance Car 2007/10/3 13:12
Romantic,

there's nothing terribly 'romantic' about the "Romance Car".....it's a noisy, rattly train that just happens to go through some spectacular scenery!

I wonder whether you are talking about the same trains, as, in my experience, the Odakyu "Romance Car" trains are pleasantly comfortable trains that go through rather unremarkable scenery.
The Hakone Tozan trains are certainly rattly trains that go through spectacular scenery, but they are not referred to as "Romance Cars".
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

ummm.... 2007/10/3 22:03
oops - yes was thinking of the one at Arashiyama - just re-read the OP.....sorry!
by Romantic rate this post as useful

reply to this thread