Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagoya Aichi 2007/10/3 20:11
hi everyone,

I'm researching flights from Johannesburg to Nagoya, as I'm considering a short trip there next year March. I would like to know if anyone can recommend cheap airlines? the best i've found so far is Cathay Pacific, but if there are any other options i want to check all options. any suggestions are appreciated. Also, for a single traveller, how much spending money would be best for about 8 days?considering food, sightseeing, and any other purchases?i'm not looking at railpasses yet so i'm not including that.
thanks in advance:)
by travel planner  

... 2007/10/4 10:44
Flight aside, traveling cost depends on where to go and what to do.

Are you going to spend 8 days in Nagoya? I'm afraid that there's not much to see in this city (I've grown up in Nagoya!).

If you stay at a budget hotel (business hotel), 6-7000 yen per day. If you stay in a hostel (dorm), about 4000 yen per day. 5000 yen for food (it can be more if you go to a posh restaurant and can be less if you cook by yourself). Sightseeing...amusement park, such as, Disney is over 5000 yen while there're many free parks/shrines.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Thank u 2007/10/4 14:01
thanks for your response Jlady!oh,i shouldve been more specific.i wont be staying only in nagoya,but its my first stop since i'll be visiting a friend there.Since you know the area,what would be some worthwhile excursions while i'm there?also,maybe the best(not posh)area to stay?thank you!:)
by travel planner rate this post as useful

places from Nagoya 2007/10/4 17:06
I think Nagoya is a great jumping-off spot for places further north in Gifu - Takayama, Shirakawa-go, and the between. Take a look at Gujo-Hachiman, it's worth a stop. It's a beautiful area of the country and it's much easier to reach from Nagoya than from Tokyo.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/4 22:02
Unless you want to stay close to your friend, I recommend finding a hotel near JR Nagoya station or subway Sakae station. These 2 places are central part of Nagoya and easy to explore the city as well as to move to different cities.
by JLady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread