Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

car driving from toyko to aomori 2007/10/4 00:42
i plan to travel to –ĀŽq溫ņ from tokyo airport by car driving myself, is it possible and how long should i take , and also expensive for the tolls fee?
thanks
by benz  

... 2007/10/4 10:01
It takes over 5 hours from the airport to Naruko Onsen (in Miyagi not in Aomori) using highways. (cost more or less 11,000 yen)

If you are not familiar with Japansese traffic system, I suggest you to take trains instead of driving a car.

From the airport, go to Tokyo station, take Tohoku Shinkansen to Furukawa and switch to JR local to Naruko Onsen. (about 4 hrs 30 min, 14450 yen)

Or go to Ueno station by Keisei, walk to JR Ueno station and take Tohoku Shikansen to Sendai, switch to JR local to Naruko Onsen.
(about 4 hrs 30 min, 12440 yen)
by JLady rate this post as useful

toyko to aomori 2007/10/4 11:02
thank you for your quick response, in fact, i plan to have a 7 days trip, staring from tokyo narita airport, pick up a car, drive to –ĀŽq›µ -ŠāŽčŒ§¬Šāˆä”_ź - ’ß”V“’ - šś“üūPŸā -˜a“cŒĪ -ĀX , return the car, and take night train back to kyoto, and stay there for 3 days more.

do u think this is reasonable? and will it be a very expensive and time consuming trip? thanks again
by benz rate this post as useful

toyko to aomori 2007/10/4 11:03
hi, i mean a 7 days trip from toyko to aomori by car as mentioned, and another 3 days in kyoto :)

driving around Tohoku 2007/10/4 13:31
Your trip is certainly do-able if you plan to spend a lot of time in the car. The expressways are fast but surface roads are slow.

The only leg I think is too long, though, is the first. The problem is getting from Narita to the Tohoku expressway and then finding the onsen once you get off. Both those bookends are going to take some time, outside the very direct expressway mileage.

You don't say where you are coming from so I don't know about jet lag, but if it were me I'd try to find a place between Narita and Naruko that first night.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

reply 2007/10/4 14:36
thanks again, i am from hong kong, and know chinese characters. I have driving experiences elsewhere.
I know majority of rental car in japan has GPS, will it help a lot ?
also for expressway, will the toll fee be very expensive?
any websites has more detailed information conerning the car driving mileage and cost in japan?
many thanks

reply to this thread