Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Problems with accom Oku Hida 2007/10/4 15:01
Hello all you helpful people. I have settled on the following itinerary and have a couple of questions;
Tokyo 3 nights,
Train to Nagano and pick up hire car
? Oku Hida area ? Shin Hotaka, Fukuchi- would like advice- looking for a central, scenic, not too busy spot for 4 nights so we can travel out each day (eg Kamikochi, Takayama)- any suggestions. Spendthrift has had some useful advice but finding accommodation is proving a bit tricky as most web sites are in Japanese and not easy to work out. Also some have already replied that they don't have room next May!!
2 nights (maybe 3) in Tsumago, Magome area
Drop off car in Nagoya or Kyoto. Would Nagoya be easier?
4 nights Kyoto. 2 establishments here have said they have no room. I picked this week as it was after golden week, is there anything else on I am unaware of?
Iya Valley Shikoku 2 nights
then 4 nights with my son in south western Kochi prefecture. I will then fly Kochi airport to Tokyo and home. Did I read somewhere it would take an hour to get to Narita from domestic airport?
I have emailed a couple of places in Shin Hotaka but think they may be too expensive- as we have 4 nights and our offspring are indicating they may join us we would like to keep the cost to about 100000-120000 per head or preferably room rate only.
Thanks for your input.
by Sue  

Oku-Hida accommodation 2007/10/4 17:45
Did you try www.japaneseguesthouses.com? they have a place in Hirayu that might work, Nakamura-kan. They also will check other places for you, even if they are not listed on their site.

Other possibilities are www.hirayukan.com (a ryokan hotel in Hirayu), japanican.com, japanhotel.net, and japan ryokan association.

I think Hirayu is a good spot in Oku-Hida for what you plan to do, and as you can see the trick will be finding a spot.

If you lower your expectations a bit you might be able to find a very nice pension or minshuku that will suit, and then you can take your savings and splurge on a really special night, in Takayama for example, or Kyoto.

Welcome Inns of Japan is a list of places that are under 8000 yen per person, at www.itcj.jp

by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

me again 2007/10/4 17:48
Oh - also, the Japan National Tourism Association has made major improvements to its website and has great links to accommodation services:
www.jnto.go.jp
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

reply to this thread