Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what does the word Kaz mean? 2007/10/12 13:27
what does the word Kaz mean?
by Jeannie  

... 2007/10/12 14:26
I'm just guessing that maybe you are referring to a male name "Kaz," or "Kazu," which is normally an abbreviated version (nickname) of longer names such as "Kazuo," "Kazuhiro," "Kazuhiko," "Kazutoshi," etc., etc., there are many male names that start with "kazu-." And often they drop the last "-u" to make it easier for English speakers to remember and pronounce.

From the sound alone, you cannot really tell the meaning of Japanese words. It's kanji that has meanings; there are more than one kanji that can be pronounced "kazu," so unless you know the kanji, you cannot tell. ... Are you asking about a name? :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Reply to AK 2007/10/13 23:08
Well yes. One of our baseball players is named Kaz (Matsui) and I like the sound of it so I was curious as to it's english translation.
by Jeannie rate this post as useful

For his name "Kazuo" 2007/10/14 00:01
Kazuo Matsui, the one in Colorado Rockies? His nickname is Kaz, and his full first name is Kazuo. It is written (as professional) ‰Ò“ª‰›, consisting of three kanji, each of which meaning "earn," "head," and "center." But his *real* name (as given by his parents) is written ˜a•v, consisting of two kanji, meaning "harmony" and "male/husband."
by AK rate this post as useful

.. 2007/10/16 00:46
Yes that's the one. He is an awesome ball player and I like him very much. Thank you for your help! This might seem funny but I have a new kitten and I like to name my animals with a not so common name, so I will name him Kaz because he does bring "harmony" into my life.
Thanks again! This really helped me and I appreciate your efforts.
by Jeannie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread