Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

quick question about visas 2007/10/12 19:00
hi im thinking about going to japan in like 3-4 years when i finish my university.
and i was thinking of applying to a student visa, and then i would come back to my home country and get married with my girlfriend (100% japanese gf btw) therefore allowing me to get a spouse visa so i can stay in Japan, and the reason i would do that is because i dont think i can get married there with a student visa right? but now i found out that i can change a student visa to a working visa while im in Japan IF i find a full time job am i correct? also can i anyone tell me how exactly am i suposed to find a full time job if the student visa only allows me to work on part time ones? and my other question was if i can get married in japan with a working visa?
thank you SO much in advance :)
by Dood  

Yes . . . 2007/10/12 23:12
You can get married while here on a student visa.

I'm not sure where you're from but, check with your home country embassy or Japanese Immigration.

This is the U.S site
http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tacs-7114a.html
by easy to find info rate this post as useful

thx! 2007/10/12 23:16
wow mate thx alot!
if ur right on that info u'll be like my favourite hero :p.
by Dood rate this post as useful

I'm sure 2007/10/12 23:31
Just make sure you bring your documents, you soon to be japanese wife will need to get her . . . faimly "thing"?? sorry i forget what it's called.

do a search on here you'll find all the info. you need.

it is very easy to get married, the real work starts after marriage!
good luck
by Just Beer Me rate this post as useful

Visa and marriage 2007/10/13 17:06
Yes, I got married in Japan on a tourist visa (temporary visitor) and that was no problem at all. Like other people said already: Make sure you sort out all paperwork that you need to bring with you before going there. Best is to contact your embassy in Japan to find out what they need to see before giving you the statement in Japanese that you are eligible to marry which you need to show the Japanese City Hall.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

thx alot! 2007/10/13 22:27
thank you so much guys! all these replies made my life alot easier!
by Dood rate this post as useful

Visa and Status of Residence 2007/10/14 01:40
Even though you need a visa for entering Japan, you don't need to return to your country to apply for a different one. As a student you can do job hunting. When you find a job you can go to the nearest immigration office and apply for a change of status of residence. The new status of residence can be "spouse of a Japanese national", but it can also be "engineer", "humanities and international relationships" or something else related to the kind of work you are going to do.

Information about visa types are available at the homepage of the Japanese ministery of justice (www.moj.go.jp).
by OkinawaDolphin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread