Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Christmas Lights in tokyo 2007/10/13 08:32
Hi there,

I'm going to Tokyo in December and wondering where I should go to see the most awesome Christmas lights. Can you guys tell me your favorite spots?
by Maki  

Many christmas lights 2007/10/13 10:04
There are many gem-like Christmas illuminations especially in central Tokyo around most major train stations of the JR Yamanote line, such as Marunouchi, Ebisu, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ginza, Yurakucho,etc.
You can take a tour of the Yamanote line yourself and get off at major stations to see the decorations in the evening.Or you can gto to Odaiba(the Waterfront areas). The whole central Tokyo can become a huge Christmas tree when you look at the whole view from an observation platform in the city in the evening.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

xmas lightings 2007/10/14 01:07
When will the xmas lightings be up? I'll be in tokyo in the last week of Nov, crossing my fingers that I can catch sight of some lightings there
by jill rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/14 07:19
Jill,

They'll be up by the end of November. I recommend, Shinjuku, Roppongi, Marunouchi, Tokyo Tower, Odaiba, and Yokohama.
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

City lights at night 2007/10/14 08:12
Is the Tokyo Government Building open at night to take photos?

Or are there are better locations?
by cj rate this post as useful

the Metropolitan Government Buildings 2007/10/14 08:57
The Metropolitan Government Buildings have two observation decks(the south and north decks) and I recommend the south side for a nicer view. The south deck is open everyday from 9:30 to 17:30 except 1st and 3rd Tuesdays.
But when the north deck is closed, usually 2nd and 4th Mondays, the south deck is open until 23:00. The north deck is usually open until 23:00. In December, it gets darker quickly, so even at 5pm, you can enjoy the beautiful central Tokyo's Illuminations.
The nearest station is Tocho-mae of the Oedo subway line.
Have a nice time!!!
by mamiko rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/14 09:12
You can also walk to the TMG from Shinjuku station its a pretty short walk.

Night views of Tokyo can be seen from many places, Odaiba is another location that has a nice scenic view, with the rainbow bridge, tokyo tower and buildings, nice especially if you wanted to take it from a low ground level outside instead of being inside the top floor of some building.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/14 11:48
The best observatory in Tokyo these days is the Tokyo City View in Mori Tower in Roppongi Hills. It costs 1,500 yen, bur totally worth it. See:http://www.tokyocityview.com/en/
Click on "Photo Gallery" on lower left.

For Shinjuku Observatory, see
http://www.metro.tokyo.jp/ENGLISH/TMG/observat.htm
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

Xmas lightings 2007/10/15 00:50
Thanks for the great news!~

Will try to go to at least two of the recommended places =)
by jill rate this post as useful

reply to this thread