Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone in 1 day and continue to Kyoto 2007/10/13 17:11
I plan to visit Hakone in one day on monday Oct 22 from Tokyo, on same day continue the trip to Kyoto and stay overnight in Kyoto is it possible? I already explore the timetable and below is my plan :
From Tokyo station use JR K565 depart 8.23 and arrive Odawara 9.10. From Odawara buy Hakone weekday pass 3,410yen (is it on sale in autumn or should be Hakone Free pass 4,130yen?). Fro Odawara follow Hakone round trip visit Gora - Siunzan - Togendai - Hakonemachi - Moto Hakone - Yumoto Hakone. From Yumoto Hakone back to Odawara station ant take sinkanzen H383 at 18.10 to Kyoto. Arrive in Kyoto at 20.20.
Please advise if this scenario and time table is feasible...

Thanks in advance for the advise.
by ronme  

... 2007/10/13 18:34
Yes, it is feasible!

The Hakone Weekday Pass has been abolished as of October 1, 2007. Instead, there is now a 2-day pass for 3,900 yen and a 3-day pass for 4,400 yen:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/10/13 19:08
Thanks for the information. Follow to link above, it is write in the page : "One round trip to the Hakone free area by Odakyu Railways (Not applicable if you buy the pass for usage from a station inside the free area, such as Odawara or Mishima.)" what does it mean, is it applicable if I buy the pass when arrive at Odakyu station?

and one more, since we will continue the trip to Kyoto, is there any place that we could leave our lugages at Odawara station?

Thanks
by ronme rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/13 19:11
"One round trip to the Hakone free area by Odakyu Railways (Not applicable if you buy the pass for usage from a station inside the free area, such as Odawara or Mishima.)"

It means that if you buy the pass in Odawara, the train trip between Tokyo and Odawara is not covered by the pass.

and one more, since we will continue the trip to Kyoto, is there any place that we could leave our lugages at Odawara station?

Yes, there are coin lockers:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2274.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread