Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese help books 2007/10/15 12:45
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I read here about a book or booklet (maybe just a chart) with some sample questions and answers or some kind of diretions that a non-Japanese speaker can point to a Japanese person. The Japanese person then can choose a reply from a selection and point it out. That way, one can ask for simple directions and other simple questions to Japanese people.

I think it was sold in Japan. Does any one have an idea what I am talking about and point out where I can get it, whether in Japan or in the US.

Thank you for your help.
by TravelToJapan  

. 2007/10/15 15:00
http://www.yubisashi.com/books/detail.asp?id=727
—·‚ΜŽw‚³‚΅‰ο˜b’ 21JAPANy‰pŒκ”Łz

This book is great, it shows basic conversation in various occasions (including asking for directions) with pictures and Japanese/English.
You can use it as a phrase book, also even if you don't know a word in Japanese, you can point it to Japanese to ask questions.

It is available at a book shop at Narita Airport, also from Amazon.co.jp.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%97%85%E3%81%AE%E6%8C%87%E3%81%95...
by . rate this post as useful

ditto, Great book 2007/10/15 15:45
Yes, the Point... series of books are nice to have. Easy to use and understand.

You can also have any USA Kinokuniya Japanese bookstore send a copy to you before you leave - they usually have these in stock in store.

For the Nintendo DS, they also have an series of the same in cartridge format - thus, you can also use a Nintendo DS + Point.. cartridge. HOwever, the menus are all in Japanese (but you can usually figure out where things are after trial and error). Convenient for those who already know a little Japanese.
by d =) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/10/16 01:26
Thanks for your replies.
by TravelToJapan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread