Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving Advice? 2007/10/15 14:51
Hello,
I am planning on moving to Japan sometime soon. I don't know the language, but am fascinated by Japanese culture and history. I have lived all over the United States and have become weary of the drag in and drag out style of life. I am 19 years old, on a break from college to find direction, My major is Political Science- although I am looking for a good school that offers Japanese as a major.

I also have a question. My gpa is low because I worked my way through college paying for everything myself. I took 18 hours of classes and worked 50+ hours a week. I am highly intelligent,I was just overworked.Is there any chance of attending a Japanese college? Thanks for your time and responses.
by Marc  

Japan 2007/10/15 18:56
There are very few universities you can attend if you don't have fairly fluent Japanese. Google Temple University to check out one of them. Be aware you will require plenty of funds to attend university here.

As an American you are not eligible for a working holiday visa and without a degree you are not eligible for a working visa so for the moment your options are either finishing your degree in the US or attending school here (you could also just try attending Japanese language school for a few months to a year to see what it is like to live here).

Be aware that living in Japan as a foreigner comes with its own unique set of difficulties- you may find that you don't actually want to live here permanently.
by Sira rate this post as useful

temple uni 2007/10/15 21:25
you can actually communicate with Temple university there.
They also offer law in Temple University japan. Maybe you can continue your field in japan.

http://www.tuj.ac.jp/newsite/main/law/index.html
by ... rate this post as useful

reply to this thread